Hazardous Waste & Services
California's Largest Recycler of Regulated Waste
HAZ MAT, INC. offers customers the choice to manage waste at the HAZ MAT, INC.-owned and operated Treatment, Storage, and Disposal Facility (TSDF) for waste recycle/consolidation or a third party facility offering specific recycling/treatment technology. Over the years, HAZ MAT, INC. has developed a network of working relationships with other TSDF's offering recycling or treatment alternatives allowing our customers to choose which is the best for their specific location.
Complete reuse and remediation services and the following:
- Residential Curb Side Recycling
- Site Remediation
- Non-Hazardous Waste Recycling
- Community Collection
- Battery Recycling
- Petroleum Cont. Soils
- Hazardous Waste Recycling
- Tire Recycling
- Oily Water
- Municipal Recycling Programs
- Waste Oil Recycling
- Filter Recycling
Waste Managment On-site Services
HAZ MAT, INC. Provides turnkey waste management services to allow your firm to concentrate on your core business. Our trained professionals handle the responsibilities of tracking, packaging, manifesting, transporting, and disposing of your hazardous wastes. Public and private organizations rely on HAZ MAT, INC. to handle their on-site waste management needs. Our services include the following:
- Lab Packing
- Drummed Liquid or Solid Waste Packaging
- Labeling and Manifest Preparation
- Waste Profiling
- Facility Cleanups
- Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Bulk Liquid Waste
- Bulk Soil Removal
- Categorization of Unknown Chemical (Haz-Cat)
- Annual Facility Maintenance
- Tank Cleaning/Clarifier Maintenance
HAZ MAT, INC. offers remediation strategies for the removal of pollution or contaminants from enviornmental media such as soil, groundwater, sediment, or surface water. Almost every remediation project that we perform for our clients involves federal, state, or local agency interaction. HAZ MAT, INC. has successfully completed projects in both large and small scale which have included:
- Site Assessment
- Remediation/Removal of Contaminated Soils
- Underground/Above Ground Storage Tank Removal
- Clean Up of Enviornmentally Damaged Sites
- Plant Closures
- Storm Drain Waste
- Septic Sludge Removal
- Confined Space Entry
- "In situ" Technologies
- Over-the-water Transfers
Our Emergency Response Team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a week. Call us at (855) 242-9628, and one of our professionals can help you right away. HAZ MAT, INC. can act as your Emergency Response Liaison, coordinating the response with local fire and police departments as well as with other government agencies. Being prepared for an emergency is what makes us stand apart.
Haz Mat, Inc. understands that the management and proper disposal of hazardous waste is an important segment of the overall waste management program for many health care providers. We have built our service menu around the philosophy of vendor consolidation and a single-point communication channel for our clients, to include the legal and proper pickup & disposal, manifest tracking and personnel safety training for the hazardous waste generator.
With many health care providers having multiple locations, it is essential to have a standard practice standard operating procedure for the management, pickup & disposal and manifest/record keeping for all hazardous waste generated within an organization. Haz Mat, Inc. offers the following services to help accomplish these important goals:
- Pickup of hazardous waste (both liquid and solid) via certified and licensed truck and trained personnel
- Disposal of waste in accordance with the proper federal and state approved methods for the waste stream component
- Waste disposal manifest provided for each item pickup up
- Personnel safety training on the management, handling, storage and shipping of hazardous waste
- MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) program implementation
- PPG (Personal Protective Equipment) program demonstrations and training
- Our comprehensive program manages every aspect of your medical waste disposal program. We take away all of your worries and implement a plan that includes from the basics of legal and responsible biomedical waste and sharps container removal and disposal, to the more complex areas of management of chemotherapy waste, expired pharmaceutical medications, product destruction and safety training/consulting.
- Each time we service every healthcare facility we utilize our state-of-the-art technology and online systems to input, track and store all activity to not only stay compliant with government regulations but to put our customers at ease.
- Our systems and the support of our experienced staff allow us to manage routine, alternate and emergency services. At the time of each service we provide a written manifest as documentation of the timely and legal disposal of the medical waste. This information is also always available through our secure online tracking system.
- All items which are considered to be a biomedical and/or medical waste must be transported and disposed of by a registered service company. Items are considered to meet the definition of a medical waste if it has come into contact with blood, other body fluids, body tissues, etc… Most commonly, the items used by the health care industry which become a medical waste include; bandages, gauze, cotton swabs, gloves, surgery drapes, needles and other supplies used in the treatment of patients. Items used for the clean up of a medical waste spill must also be treated and disposed of as a medical waste.
- Other than sharps (needles and other sharp objects), which must be disposed of in an approved sharps container biomedical waste should be placed into an approved biomedical waste red bag at the point of origin, which is usually an exam or surgery room. The medical waste collected at each point of origin within a location can then be moved to a centralized collection point and consolidated. The consolidated medical waste then needs to be disposed of a minimum of once every 30 days.
- Orientation and continuing education is critical for all medical, maintenance and engineering staff to assure compliance with current regulations. All staff must be properly trained on the definition, handling and storage of all waste that the facility generates and in particular biomedical waste to ensure that all waste gets directed to the correct disposal areas and source. All aspects of handling must be educated so safety is promoted throughout the entire process
- Haz Mat, Inc. will manage the entire waste process from pickup, transportation and disposal and will manage and assist you in meeting and exceeding the required training guidelines.